Outside the Paintbox at the Maryland Cultural & Conference Center (MC3)
3 Park Place, Suite 4, Annapolis
Exhibition Dates: September 9 - October 28
Entry Deadline: Friday, August 6
Drop-off: September 8, time to be announced, at MC3
Reception: Friday, October 1, 6:00 to 8:00 pm
Entry Fee: $15
Limit: 2 original paintings/artist for juried entry; 3 matted originals or giclées also accepted
Anything larger than 24"x30" (54" sum of height + width) glass size must be glazed with plexiglas or acrylic (not glass) unless otherwise protected
We are honored to be exhibiting in the new and prestigious MC3 Gallery (Maryland Culltural & Conference Center) at 3 Park Place, Suite 4 in Annapolis, where Taylor Avenue meets West Street. This is our third annual “Outside the Paintbox” exhibit which means you’ll want to submit your best and most creative pieces. It will be a judged show, tentatively to be judged by Maryland’s First Lady, Yumi Hogan and local artist Sunhee Jung. First, second, and third place prizes and two honorable mentions will be awarded, and there will also be a 'People's Choice' award.
- Your AWC membership must be current to enter!
- Each artist is invited to enter two original paintings (no reproductions or work done in a class or workshop) for judging
- You will need to submit a high-resolution jpeg image of those two paintings with your application. Please rename the file so it can be easily identified (your first initial, last name, and a number or the title of the painting).
- The judges will make their selections based on viewing the digital images.
- You may also choose to enter three matted pieces for display in the bins, whether your framed entries are accepted or not. These can be either original paintings or giclée reproductions and need to be protected with plastic or cellophane.
- You will be prompted to submit payment via PayPal or credit card when submitting the registration form.
- Judging will take place before August 25. Artists will be notified on August 25th if their work has been accepted for the exhibit.
- Anything larger than 24"x30" (54" sum of height + width) glass size must be glazed with plexiglas or acrylic (not glass) unless otherwise protected
- All accepted artwork must be dropped off at MC3 on Wednesday, September 8 between 10am and noon
- A signed Waiver and Honor Statement must also be included when you drop off your artwork.
- All entries must have the title and price plus your name and contact information on the back. And, please be sure to identify the matted works as either giclée or original.
- There is no commission and sales arrangements will be between the buyer and the artist.
- All artwork must be picked up at MC3 on October 29
- IMPORTANT DATES
- Friday, August 6 - The absolute deadline for entries
- Wednesday, August 25 - All artists whose work has been accepted will be notified
- Wednesday, September 8, 10am - noon - Receiving of accepted framed paintings and all matted work for bins
- Thursday, September 9 - Exhibit opens
- Friday, October 1, 6:00pm - 8:00 pm - Reception
- Thursday, October 28 - Closing date of exhibit
- Friday, October 29 - All artwork to be removed
Annapolis Watercolor Club at Ginger Cove
400 River Crescent Dr, Annapolis, MD 21401
Exhibition Dates: October 9 - December 3
Entry Deadline: September 16
Receiving: October 8
Entry Fee: $10
Limit: 2 original paintings (maximum size 36”)
We have once again been invited to exhibit at the lovely Ginger Cove Gallery, where our work is always greatly admired by the many residents who walk through the gallery daily. There is space for two paintings per artist, all tasteful subject matter welcome. Maximum size in either dimension is 36 inches.
The deadline for applications is September 16. As usual, there is no reception and no commission. Sales arrangements are between the buyer and the artist. We will notify you of delivery and pick-up dates later.
ANNAPOLIS WATERCOLOR CLUB (AWC) SHOW STANDARDS
Unless the show is specified as “open,” only AWC members in good standing are eligible to submit entries to an AWC sponsored show.
2. General Requirements
a. Artwork Dimensions. The maximum frame size in any direction is 48”.
b. Frames/Cover. Frames must be well selected, well cut and of professional quality, with wire for hanging (no sawtooth hooks), with glass, acrylic or Plexiglas. Art 24 x 30” or larger must have Plexiglas or acrylic for safety.
c. Identification. Artwork must be identified with artist’s name, title of painting, artist's contact information (phone number), and price. If not for sale, include “NFS” or “Price upon Request”. This information should be placed on the rear lower left of the back of the artwork.
5. Waivers and Honor Statement:
Artists must agree to and sign the Waiver and Honor statement.
Please click here for a printable copy of the statement.
209 Chinquapin Round Road, Suite 101, Annapolis, MD 21401
EXHIBIT DATES: Monday, Nov. 2 to Saturday, Dec. 12 2020
4000 River Crescent Dr, Annapolis, MD 21401
EXHIBIT DATES: Saturday, November 14 to Friday, January 8, 2021.
Although we cannot visit the gallery, you can enjoy a virtual exhibit here!
Gallery 333, “Outside the Paintbox”
Unitarian Universalist Church of Annapolis
333 Dubois Road, Annapolis, Maryland
March 7 to May 15, 2020 [virtual exhibit]
4000 River Crescent Drive Annapolis, Maryland 21401
December 7 to January 31
Linthicum Walks Art Show
October 5 to 6 and 12 to 13, 2019
Congratulations to our Linthicum Walks 2019 award winners:
Janice Hendra, first place for "Pier No More"
George A. Athanasas, second place for "Untitled"
Stacy Lund Levy, third place for "Afternoon in Miami"
Barbara Burns for "Waiting for Spring"
Bob Fuller for "Orient Express"
Annette Uroskie for "The Three Graces"
Mildred Anderson Award for best representational painting to Claudia Johnson for "Marina"
People's Choice to Stacy Lund Levy for "Marty"
Our judge was the noted watercolor artist, Ken Karlic.
Annapolis Smokehouse and Tavern
"Outside the Paintbox"
Bay Ridge Shopping Center
107 Hillsmere Drive, Annapolis MD 21403
March 4, 2019 - May 13, 2019
4000 River Crescent Drive
Annapolis, MD 21401
November 17, 2018 – January 18, 2019
Linthicum Walks Award Show
2295 Davidsonville Rd, Gambrills, MD 21054
October 6-7 and October 13-14, 2018
"On the Town"
Annapolis City Hall
160 Duke of Gloucester Street
August 2 – September 28, 2018
"A Brush with Color"
Woods Memorial Presbyterian Church
611 Baltimore Annapolis Blvd, Severna Park, MD
August 22 – September 23, 2018
Wimsey Cove Framing
"A Brush With the Bay"
209 Chinquapin Round Road, Suite 101 Annapolis
Exhibition dates: July 1 - August 11, 2018
Maryland Hall for the Creative Arts
“A Brush with Nature”
Exhibition dates: April 10 – July 9, 2018
4000 River Crescent Drive
Annapolis, MD 21401
Exhibition dates: December 9, 2017 – January 19, 2018
"The Gift of Art", 49 West Coffee House, Winebar, and Gallery
49 West Street, Annapolis MD
Exhibition dates: November 30, 2017 - January 3, 2018